Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dukan Friendly Munchies 1

PUMPKIN CRISPS!

1
p

I saw this one time when I was searching for Dukan friendly snacks and munchies. Needless to say I am excited to try to make this tomorrow!  This waaaaaay healthy alternative to potato chips or even multigrain snacks! Tomorrow I will be glued to the laptop the whole day so I need them munchies. Plus it's my Protein and Vegetable day! Perfect! I just hope they turn out as nice and crispy as these. Will take photos !

Oven Roasted Pumpkin Crisps
1/2 Small Pumpkin
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Brushing
Preheat the overn to 150 degrees celcius. Cut the pumpkin into two or three chunks, then peel. Using a mandoline or the slicing blade on your food processor, cut the chunks into very thin slices, about 2 mm thick. Dry the slices on paper towels.
Place the pumpkin slices in a single layer on two lined baking trays. Brush with Olive Oil and sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt. The salt helps draw moisture from the vegetables, so let them sit for 5 minutes before placing in the oven.
Bake the pumpklin for 25 minutes or until crisp.
Remove from the oven to cool completely. The slices will crisp as they cool. Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment